Warranties and guarantees
Although all products have a limited warranty period, conditions apply for returns. Please contact us before sending anything back.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Goods will not be of acceptable quality if such goods are not fit for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied; are not acceptable in appearance and finish; have defects; are unsafe; or are not durable.
In addition to the statutory warranties, our goods come with a limited manufacturers warranty for various periods, as specified in the product details pages per product, from the date of purchase covering against defects in material and/or workmanship on all of the goods that we sell.
We will, at our sole option, repair or replace a defective product or provide a full refund for the purchase price. This is without prejudice to your rights at law, including:
- relevant consumer protection legislation (including under the Australian Consumer Law); and
- the remedies under the twelve month limited warranty.
The warranty period exclude, to the extent permitted in the legislation (including under the Australian Consumer Law):
- damage due to ordinary wear and tear, misuse, accident, abuse, alteration, substitution;
- improper repair or warranty service performed by someone other than us or our authorised repairers, theft, disappearance;
- lost and/or any other type of use causing deterioration.
You must have a copy of your original certificate of purchase for claim under the warranty. This certificate of purchase must be fully completed and signed on behalf of us by an authorised person at the time of purchase. If this certificate of purchase has been altered in any fashion, the contractual warranty is void to the full extent permitted by law.
Under the limited guarantee period when a product is returned for repair then only the remaining term of the original guarantee will continue to apply (e.g. if a product is purchased under a 12 month limited guarantee and returned for repair after 6 months from the date of purchase, once the repaired product is handed back to the customer, the remaining guarantee term will be 6 months).
Exceptions to guarantees. The consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product
- asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted